Japanese-to-English Translator (In-House)
- Japanese-to-English (JtoE) translation of SPEEDA industry reports composed by our in-house analysts (new reports, regular annual report updates) in accordance with deadlines;
- Conduct research related to translation topics and Japanese/English grammar to ensure accuracy;
- Proofread teammates' translation work, evaluating accuracy and providing detailed feedback;
- Publish translated industry reports for the SPEEDA platform through internal server;
- Communicate with Japanese- and English-speaking analysts based in Tokyo and Shanghai regarding general and specific enquiries pertaining to industry reports;
- Communicate with other teams for ad-hoc translation requests (e.g. legal documents, internal presentations) when necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Language proficiency:
- For English native speakers, advanced/business-level Japanese (JLPT N1) is a must;
- For non-English native speakers, English (close to native or highly fluent) AND advanced/business-level Japanese (JLPT N1 or native) is a must;
- Strong attention to detail, especially numerical figures;
- 1 year or more of experience in JtoE translation, or a Bachelor's degree in translation, English literature, linguistics, or another English language-related field;
- Minimum translation speed: 450 characters per hour (translation test will be administered);
- High sense of responsibility and time management, and the ability to work independently;
- Strong willingness to learn;
- Communication skills and problem-solving ability;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Additional language skills (e.g. Mandarin Chinese);
- Familiarity with British English;
- Familiarity with translation software (e.g. SDL Trados, MemoQ).
- Expected start date: 1 August 2019
- Employment type: Contract-to-permanent
- Annual salary: JPY 4.1–4.8 million, depending on qualifications and experience;
- Working hours: Flex-time (no core time), Monday to Friday;
- Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays off;
- Paid vacation (minimum of 10 days);
- Long Vacation system: an additional 7 days of paid vacation (consecutive, including weekends) provided twice a year;
- Transportation expense compensation;
- Child allowance;
- Social insurance;
- Work PC provided by the company (any PC preferred by the employee within the budget).
Uzabase Benefits and Perks - "UB Care"