Research and Analysis Manager (China Market) - SPEEDA Asia
■ About UZABASE
"Business Intelligence to Change Your World"
While the B2C world has seen companies like Google and Facebook realise efficient access to information, gathering information in the B2B world had remained inefficient, as businesspeople were required to access corporate data from financial information services, statistical data from government offices, financial data from respective company sites, and so on.
In order to realise efficient access to information in the B2B world, UZABASE was established in 2008 with the mission "Business Intelligence to Change Your World".
As an economic and financial information platform provider, UZABASE develops multiple services for establishing an information infrastructure that supports the day-to-day decision-making of business people around the world.
■ About SPEEDA
SPEEDA is a cutting-edge platform that solves the challenges faced by business people when gathering and analysing information. The platform covers company information, industry analysis reports, market data, news, statistics, as well as M&A and other business information from around the globe, and is available in 13 countries, centred in Asia (as of 2019).
■ Description of Work
The SPEEDA analyst team writes industry analysis reports and provides customers with timely value-added insights on various business topics in Greater China.
We are looking for candidates with a drive for developing original content aligned to the rapidly changing industry landscape and topics in Greater China. The ability to manage, train and develop junior members, and improve their research and analytical capabilities is also a main part of the role. In addition, presenting SPEEDA insights as a speaker in conferences and seminars, and being able to offer opinions on diverse technological trends is a pre-requisite.
Main expectations of the job role are listed below;
1. Deliver attractive and insightful client content with speed
2. Lead the China analyst team and train junior members and develop a professional analyst team
You will have the opportunity and challenge to improve our product, SPEEDA and align it to the expectations of the Asia and global markets
- Analyse the structure, market, and competitive environment of various industries in Mainland and Greater China, and deliver content to customers through industry analysis reports on SPEEDA
- Collaborate with sales team and consulting team members to understand the information needs of customers, and write timely and high value-added insight reports, as well as give presentations at customer sites
- Occasionally attend events in China, as well as deliver specific emerging topics through discussions and insight reports
- People management to develop a great team (team size: 7-8 including remote working members)
- Plan and create new function of SPEEDA with the collaboration of Product Team
- Experience in a management planning department, new business development, or research at a securities company, bank, fund, consulting firm, research company (analyst work), or business corporation
- Possess knowledge in research and financial analysis
- People management capability
- Native-level Chinese and familiarity with research on industries in China
- Business-level Japanese or English; ability to read and write Japanese or English as required for business-level communication
What we're looking for in a candidate
- Relate to UZABASE's mission and 7 Values based on previous experience
- High analytical ability and a "venture" mind
- Desire for creating the best service in the world and boosting customer awareness
- Strong sense of individual responsibility for tasks, is results-driven and a great team player
- Think independently, take action, and produce results
- Communicate openly with a positive mindset, and act with flexibility in a flat organisation
You will be employed by Uzabase China Limited (Shanghai office).
- Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Compensation for transportation expenses provided
- Child allowance available
- Complete social insurance coverage
- Paid leave (starting at 10 days)
*For new employees who join in the middle of the year between 1 January and 31 December, the number of paid-leave days will be allotted based on the number of days employed (applicable to the first year only)
- Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays off
- Long Vacation System: An additional 7 days of paid vacation (consecutive, including weekends) provided twice a year
- Work PC provided by the company (any PC preferred by the employee within the budget)
Benefits and Perks of UZABASE - "UB Care"
*Some benefits apply only to the UZABASE Tokyo office