Listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange, Uzabase is a fast growing and entrepreneurial company engaging in business intelligence industry. With strong presence in Japan, United States, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, China, Vietnam and Sri Lanka, attracting world-class talents is critical to our exciting expansion plans.
We are looking for exceptional developers who are ambitious, committed to continuous self-growth, and excellent at solving problems using technology.
We place a high value on elegant and effective coding. Our developers take pride in creating both extensible and maintainable codebase that is growing quickly in tandem with our business. We see teamwork as crucial in driving projects, and have the spirit of kaizen, or continuous improvement, once the project has been completed.
At UZABASE, it’s all about the performance. All of us work where and when we want. Instead of keeping tabs on how many hours are put in at the office, individual performance is evaluated based on output. Our high-growth work environment is ideal for those looking to develop their technical skills as well as take on new challenges.
As a developer for SPEEDA Asia, you will be working closely with our stellar business-side teams in Singapore and Hong Kong and developing SPEEDA using Java, MySQL, and Elasticsearch to create value for our customers in Greater China and ASEAN.
You will also be responsible for growing the Hanoi-based development team’s programming skills.
Because SPEEDA Asia is a still burgeoning part of our SPEEDA business, this position offers the unique opportunity to be a part of the start-up experience and putting your fine programming skills to good use. Right now we are looking for experienced developers who will help build the product development team in Singapore from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity to join the process of forming a team that will develop SPEEDA Asia.
Right now we are looking for experienced developers who will help build the product development team in Singapore from scratch. This is an exciting opportunity to join the process of forming a team that will develop SPEEDA Asia.
Your career is what you make of it; you can choose to be on the front-line in leading the development of new products, or you may prefer instead to expand your technical prowess and leadership abroad as SPEEDA continues to expand its business.
- An online platform developed in-house
- Advanced OOP coding
- Agile software development (collaboration amongst self-organizing cross-functional teams to achieve solutions)
- Test/domain-driven development and refactoring
- Collaboration with business-side teams who have financial knowledge and/or overseas expertise to develop specs and communication with a diverse range of members including translators and analysts
- Choose the most appropriate language and architecture for the task
Technical Specs of SPEEDA
- Language(s): Java8, Scala (for Selenium), Shell
- Server OS: Ubuntu, CentOS, Debian
- Framework(s): Apache Wicket, jUnit
- DB: MySQL, MongoDB
- O/R M: S2Dao, jOOQ
- Search Engine: Elasticsearch
- Build Tool(s): Maven, Gradle
- Repository: Bitbucket
- Version Control: Mercurial, Git
- CI: Jenkins
- VM: Docker, Xen
- AP Server(s): Apache, Tomcat, nginx
- Infrastructure Monitoring: Nagios, Cacti
- System Administration: Hinemos
- Communication Tool(s): Slack
- Task Management Tool(s): Redmine
After the preliminary screening, we will send you a technical assignment. Upon passing, we will invite you for an interview at our office, which will be conducted in English.
- Minimum 4-year experience in web development using object-oriented languages (e.g. Java)
- Experience in RDBMS development, performance tuning
- Experience in Linux or UNIX development
- Capable of producing results in a team
- Business-level command of English
- Lives in or is willing to relocate to Singapore
- Available for business trips to Tokyo, Vietnam, and/or Hong Kong if needed
*Teambuilding for new members is planned in the Tokyo office.
- Loves writing code
- Enjoys a good challenge
- Appreciates UZABASE’s vision and values
- Desire to improve own skills alongside the company business
- Daily conversation level command of Japanese (JLPT Level 3 or N3)
- Work experience in Japan
- Medical insurance
2 days a week, national holidays, New Years, annual paid vacation (10 days the first year), two additional one-week long vacations per year, congratulation/condolence leave, prepartum/postpartum leave, childcare leave
Visa sponsorship available