- English-to-Japanese (EtoJ) translation of SPEEDA industry reports composed by our in-house analysts (new reports, regular annual report updates) in accordance with deadlines;
- Conduct research related to translation topics and Japanese/English grammar to ensure accuracy;
- Proofread teammates' translation work, evaluating accuracy and providing detailed feedback;
- Publish translated industry reports for the SPEEDA platform through internal server;
- Communicate with English-speaking analysts based in Sri Lanka (Colombo) and China (Shanghai) regarding general and specific enquiries pertaining to industry reports;
- Communicate with other teams for ad-hoc translation requests (e.g. legal documents, internal presentations, customised research reports) when necessary;
- Prioritise and process urgent requests from other teams and clients;
- Coordinate with teammates to contribute to the streamlining of current operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Language proficiency: Japanese (native), English (fluent, close to native preferred)
- Strong attention to detail, especially numerical figures;
- 1 year or more of experience in JtoE translation, or a Bachelor's degree in translation, English literature, linguistics, or another English language-related field;
- Minimum translation speed: 200 words per hour (translation test will be administered);
- High sense of responsibility and time management, and the ability to work independently;
- Strong willingness to learn;
- Communication skills and problem-solving ability;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Additional language skills (e.g. Mandarin Chinese);
- Familiarity with British English.
*Further details on working conditions will be provided to the candidate at a later date
- Expected start date: 1 April 2018
- Employment type: Contract-to-permanent
- Annual salary: JPY 3.8-4.5 million, depending on qualifications and experience;
- Working hours: Flex-time (no core time), Monday to Friday; Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays off;
- Paid vacation (minimum of 10 days);
- Long Vacation system: an additional 7 days of paid vacation (consecutive, including weekends) provided twice a year;
- Transportation expense compensation;
- Child allowance;
- Social insurance;
- Work PC provided by the company (any PC preferred by the employee within the budget).